The Virginia Loggers Association (VLA) is a private, non-profit 501 C (6) organization dedicated to educational training and promoting a better understanding of the Forest Products Industry to the Commonwealth of Virginia and to promote legislative awareness and representation.
- Our main objective is to provide an information network for Timber Harvesting Professionals and to be a voice for the Timber Harvesting Industry in Virginia on legislative issue in Richmond and Washington DC.
- To improve the image of the Timber Harvesting Industry.
- To improve workers safety in the Timber Harvesting Industry.
- To improve and expand the use and quality of professional logging practices responsive to the needs of customers, employees, landowners and the general public.
- To provide, promote, and facilitate Educational Training for members within the Timber Harvesting profession.
- To support Log A Load for Kids.
VLA Members are represented and have a voice at:
- American Loggers Council
- Virginia General Assembly
- Washington DC
- Virginia SFI Implementation Committee
- Virginia Board of Forestry